Sunday, July 31, 2011

Sullivan Sunday

My nephew, Sullivan, had an MRI last week and it was ALL CLEAR!  It has been just over 6 months since the tumor was found and these results are absolutely wonderful news!

He begins round 4 (of 6) of chemo this Tuesday.  After an exceptionally challenging reaction to round 3, we are praying for things to go as smoothly as possible for the next three rounds.

It has been sad to not be able to see him as often as we used to. After Sullivan receives treatment, his counts drop very low, making him very susceptible to illnesses and too weak to fight them. We keep away during these times.  But even when we do get to see him, I always feel so hesitant to even give him a hug for fear of spreading something!  Tonight that makes me so sad.  He needs very big hugs! And I need to give him one...or many! I adore my nephew.

Read more about his progress at his Caring Bridge Site and pray, pray, pray for him to be healed!

3 comments: