Tuesday, June 22, 2010


I am so happy we could bring the boys to Kentucky! This did make for two weekends in a row of flying. After they did such a great job for the Nashville flight, we were a little too confident this time. Carter screamed his head off for 10 long minutes. I practically cried, too, but people were forgiving. After I apologized several times, they said things like, "Don't worry about it.  It is only annoying when it is toddlers who are just misbehaving!" or "Hey, ten minutes of a 2 hour flight is better than I expected."  I just wanted to get out of there ASAP.

My very long time friend, Julia was married. Such a fun and unique wedding. I was so happy and honored to be a part of it!

The boys FINALLY got to meet all their Paris Girl aunts (Paris, Kentucky is my hometown).  These 8 girls have been a big part of my life for the majority of my life!

Carter and Nolan got to meet some of their Greats. So special!

Great Granny

Great Grandmommy 

Great Granddaddy.

Great Grandma, you're next!

I'm not going to lie, I loved showing them off!  They got to meet lots of my cousins, aunts, uncles and family friends.

It was a great trip overall but things took a turn for the worse Tuesday night, 6/8.  First of all, we found a spider floating in an almost finished bottle. No idea which baby was drinking from that bottle, or how the spider got in the bottle. Totally freaked us out.  Then Carter decided to scream every 45 minutes, practically ALL NIGHT LONG.  We weren't sure if it was part of the cold we noticed him getting the day before or if it was the spider. I found myself wandering through Super Walmart at 3am looking for baby pain reliever and baby gas relief.  That's all we can give babies this age.  Needless to say, the boys got to stay in their PJs for a long time the next morning. Carter was very congested so we decided to let the spider incident go and call it a cold. We somehow packed up, made it on the flight and made it home safely, Wednesday.  The flight was surprisingly WONDERFUL.  Both babies were good. I think they were just so tired.  The flight attendant even blocked the seats next to us, so we got to bring the car seats on the plane and didn't have to hold the boys the whole time!  Wednesday and Thursday night were better, but only a little better. Carter was still in rough shape. Somehow, Nolan was seeming to bypass the cold. Or maybe he just suffered in silence. Friday was our Pediatrician appointment. Colds and ear infections were diagnosed. Bring on the medicine because this needed to get better quickly!  And it did. Eight nights of this craziness and we were finally back in business; back to our sweet babies sleeping 10+ hours at night.  I missed them so much.  Oh, in case you were worried, we asked the doctor about the spider. So embarrassing! She said that the venom must enter the blood for there to be any issue. There would have to be a bite. She said it is unrelated to what the boys had been experiencing. Whew!

Though our trips were wonderful, after 3 weekends out of town, we are excited to spend some time at home.

1 comment:

  1. Those pictures with their 'greats' are priceless. What an amazing gift to have them all here. Your boys will cherish those pics when they are older.