Monday, November 16, 2009

Group!


Today I got to attend group!  This is just an hour session where the women on the floor are invited to be wheeled into a room together to do crafts or have lessons.  Today we made bracelets. The one I made is navy and teal and the two orange beads are for the boys! It was so nice to sit with about 6 other women. Their pregnancy issues really cover a wide range! All of them were further along than me, but they were all expecting to be in the hospital up until delivery! I feel lucky that I'm going to get to go home.  This Thursday, the group session will be all about breast feeding. Looking forward!

This morning, Shirley from band came by. She brought me a prayer blanket. Each member of the Richardson Community Band tied a knot on the blanket, symbolizing a prayer. That definitely made me a little emotional. WOW. I feel so grateful, so blessed, so hopeful. It was such a thoughtful thing to do.




The weekend was nice. I had several teachers visit Saturday. That was great! Helped me remember part of my identity! Thank you so much for coming by!

I have my glucose screening test today. I just had to chug some orange drink (tasted like a slightly carbonated Gatorade) and they'll take my blood in a few. This is just a screening for the chance of getting gestational diabetes. If my chances turn out to be high, I'll have to do a 3 hour test. I told the nurse I just ate a bunch of peanut m&ms and she said that wouldn't make a difference. Let's hope not!

The physical therapist did finally come by last week with some exercises and a band. Some things actually remind me of some muscles I haven't used in 2 weeks! I felt like I got tired or weak pretty quickly. Here I am working out hard core. Okay, not really. I'm just hoping this helps me keep some of my muscles from completely deteriorating!

Wow, I just got another flower delivery!  This one from Plano Senior High.  Love it!!!

And now, back to knitting.

4 comments:

  1. You go girl! Work it out!! I love that you are remembering to breath! I think of you daily and am only hoping and praying for the best. Thank you for setting up this blog, as I will be able to keep updated without feeling like I am bugging you! XXX
    Kelly, Sam, Blake, and baby bean!

    ReplyDelete
  2. SO proud of you Rachael...you are doing so well in the hospital and I love seeing all of your craftiness...if all works out (I'm finally healthy, just but have events all week), I'm coming by on Friday after work to see you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm proud of you, finding your way each day in a hospital bed.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just had a thought... the knitting could provide for a good college fund project through etsy.com

    Cakey

    ReplyDelete