Saturday, November 14, 2009

Medical Update

Since first hearing the news of my time in the hospital, you might not have heard how things have progressed. I had a sonogram on Thursday, November 12. My cervix was measuring a bit longer than it had following the cerclage procedure. This was great news! I was so happy that as I was scooting out of the sono room, Dr. Yost grabbed me and said, "slow down, don't get carried away, keep doing what you were doing!" I said "yes ma'am" and was wheeled back to my room.

As for the babies, they are continuing to look and sound great. They are kicking all the time and they are growing. Next Thursday, I'll have another sonogram and learn their lengths and weights.
Dr. Martin (my obgyn) came to visit that afternoon with a smile on her face. She said she approved an order for me to be wheeled out of my room to go outdoors for a bit, and for me to be wheeled to group meetings with the other women on this floor. I was ecstatic! I counted up my days indoors and can you believe it had been 10 days! At least I have a big window! Dr. Martin also advised me that if things continue to be stable, she thinks she could send me home Tuesday, November 24, just in time for Thanksgiving. This was more wonderful news even though I'm a bit nervous about how I'll handle bed rest with all the distractions at home.

No comments:

Post a Comment